Sunday 3 April 2011

Day 12

What a Sunday Funday I had!!


After doing nothing yesterday I was well rested to get up and do something today! I woke up bright and early at 8 AM and headed out of the house... after church, lunch, and then a walk in the park with 3 cute puppies I ended up catching up with the roommate Lane who I had not seen in a couple of days! After spending Saturday completely alone with know other human contact being able to have a conversation was very exciting. So what do I decide to do? I log on to my online banking and decide to manage my accounts. If you read blog "Day 4" you would know I said this is something I might not do. But I did it and boy did I learn alot!!!




You know whats interesting? I always complain that my bills are way to high and that thats where the majority of my money goes... boy was I wrong. Basically a wake up call. My bank basically put my life into a pie chart for me and where does most of my money go to? Eating out.... hmm funny.. I work in a restaurant, how come Im eating out all the time... don't I do that enough everyday I am at work? Turns out my cell phone bill shouldn't be that big of a deal when I spend twice that on eating out in a month! So thanks Darren for the wake up call... and now maybe I will learn how to save a little bit more!




So my friends that brings me to this up coming week. The week of not spending a single extra cent on eating out. Tomorrow I have budgeted myself 40 dollars for any small groceries I might need for the week. (Im sure I will have family dinners here and there) but that is all Im spending!!


Im going to basically minimize that number and put the rest of my dollar bills towards saving for Europe! Wish me luck!


JC

No comments:

Post a Comment