Thursday 7 April 2011

Day 16

So its Thursday day, and this morning I took a step back to look at my life and then to also re read my blogs. 


When thinking about my blog, I really want to make the commitment of blogging every single day for 365 days. I started off extremely strong and my life sounded very exciting. The last couple of days have been tough. Looking back I had a great couple days but a busy couple days and what ended up happening is that my life looks kinda boring!  The difference between the last couple of days and the beginning of this whole project... I didn't take the time to enjoy myself, or at least I didn't take the time to blog about it! With real life happening it makes it a little bit harder to take a step back and smell the flowers. But this morning I realized its something that I need to take the time to do! When it comes down to it thats what my blog is all about, step back and think about different activities that are going to make me happy and make me think... and then reflect about it. In reality I would like to become a better version of what I already am. (Im pretty awesome if I do say so myself) So do do that I need to log it out and think about all the things I do during the day!


So what new task am I doing today? Well Im currently training a shift leader at my work. Im the day manager and Im training Kale so that I can have some extra helping hands on the floor. (also... maybe take a vacation which is what I am going to do next week) He use to shift lead at a different earls so basically this is a week for us to get to know each other again and for him to get on board with my vision! (Vision is very very important to me.. hehe) A mini refresher course! So today I get to take the step back and watch him do my job! This is a very very very hard thing to do. Sit back and watch and not step in? It also gives me the opportunity to see where things need improvement or are not functioning the best way that it can! What I am doing today is what I am also spending my year doing. Taking a step back and looking and listening to what my life is all about. 


Today it will be hard to watch as Kale works through his own problems when I know I could go and do it/ or help him. It will be my opportunity to impact another human being. This is how I also want to impact myself. Take a step back and listen and look at what I am doing. Have a good balance of life and enjoy myself.


Wish me luck... I have a whole day of staring at my computer.... watching my business being run by someone else.. and get some well needed office work done... pay close attention to my tweets you will probably get some great updates!   :)






P.S- Update on the week! I budgeted myself 40 for eating out. Today I went to starbucks and spent 5.50... so I have 44.50 left of my budget and have no plans to eat out!  Congrats Jenn!

No comments:

Post a Comment