Wednesday 6 April 2011

Day 14

Today was Toms a day without shoes! Unfortunately I work in a restaurant and so going a day without shoes is not an option. So what did I do instead?? Well I made it it starbucks two blocks alway from my house. Its crazy, when I think out loud it sounds stupid that I only made it two blocks away and then another two blocks on the way home. Let me say.. my feet were frozen!!! 

But I live in Calgary where there is snow all over the ground and the cement was about 0 degrees. This task was a lot harder then I thought it was going to be.... but definitely makes you think about all the people that do go without shoes every day. I put myself in there position and realized how grateful I am to own all the shoes that I do own. A couple of my favourite pairs being toms....

So what we have decided to propose to our restaurant for next year?? Since its a health code violation to not where shoes... what about an entire day with the entire staff wearing toms?!?! Sounds like a good idea to me!!!

Since buying my first pair of Toms about two months ago I now have two pairs of Toms. Who else has some? Tara my office leader at work, my sister, my niece, my mom, and a couple friends here and there! Check out this picture that Tara and I took while we were at work celebrating our one day without shoes in the office!!!!!


Enjoy and if you don't have Toms... get out there and buy some!!!

xo




2 comments:

  1. Once you buy a pair you will want another -which leads to three pair, four pair, five pair, and probably more-and they support an amazing cause. Good job Jenn! LOVE the post :)

    ReplyDelete