Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 20

Today I went to go check out the Glenbow Museum in Calgary. This was the first time I had ever been to the museum and it was my moms idea to go. Very exciting stuff. There was an exhibit by the photographer Karsh as well as a Asian, African, and all the Alberta exhibits. 


So my mom and I took off for a day at the museum. The Karsh exhibit was very very cool!  We learned in the morning that this Canadian photographer had taken a photo of my great great Aunt. She was the first Canadian women to ever be a member of parliament. It was cool to see photos of Walt Disney, and Audrey Hepburn, as well as Jackie Kennedy, athletes, writers, sculptures and many more! THe Karsh exhibit was my favourite part of going to the museum. 


We walked around the entire asian section which was very cool to see all the different buddas and sculptures. There was also a big shrine which was very interesting.




By the end of the day I was quite tired!! It was good to spend the entire day with my mom and doing an activity together that we don't normally do. So does going to the museum make me happy?? I could not do it everyday but it definitely was interesting!! Always makes you think when you learn different things!



No comments:

Post a Comment