Saturday 9 April 2011

Day 17

Sorry this post is almost one full day over due. But trust me after you read this you will understand that I have my hands full.


So.. on Tuesday I moved into my friends house to take care of her three puppies while her and her fiance went to Palm Springs..... I went into the experience being very convenient knowing I could handle three dogs! 


Day 1- Pretty awesome we went to the dog park, we cuddled and watched a movie, we played XBOX Connect.. which of course left me feeling pretty good about the whole week ahead of me! Chelsea was very nervous when I left... I thought she was more nervous about me not taking care of them... but really she was more nervous about me. With a text message on the way to the airport she says... "You know Marley and me when they go away and have a dog sitter come in and Marley goes Crazy. And the sitter hates her life" So in my head I was thinking... oh great, what have I got to look forward too? But overall Day 1- successful 


Day 2- Juno gets me up bright and early about 6 aclock and we go outside... and then I decide to get back into bed and let all three of them join me back in my bed (Juno and Zues slept in a kennel all night) Quickly they all go back to sleep. Feeling good.... I have three dogs almost on top of me but feeling good. Get ready for work... go to work.. and then I come home! So 6:00 is dinner time.. I get them all set for dinner.. we all go upstairs to change and then I put the puppies outside. So now this is first not so good babysitting experience.... I look outside and Juno breaks through the front gate. Naturally I freak out. I know Chelsea would murder me if anything happened to her dogs (did I mention she is my boss too?!?!) So outside I go... thankfully Juno and Oliver listen pretty well.. and come barreling up the street at me... but where is Zues?! I have tears in my eyes.. Im thinking the worst of the worst... Zeus is just a little ten pound dog... what if he gets run over.. where did he go???  (I know Chelsea is having a complete heart attack as she reads this right now... Im so so sorry!)  So Im screaming Zues's name... I start crying..... I put the other two dogs inside the house and run upstairs to get my shoes... and then there is Zues. I forgot to pick him up off the bed when we went to go outside and he is to little to jump off!! So turns out I actually just left him upstairs and didn't lose him outside. Rookie move. I feel like a bit of an idiot now. So finally I get over the fact that I didn't lose a single dog and then I got really nervous about putting them outside. So what happens?? Juno pee's down the stairs. My question is.. why the stairs?? Probably the most difficult place to clean up... but hey at least I didn't lose her... 


Day 3- Normal day much like the first. The dogs get to know me a bit more and Juno gets a bit more crazy... I now get tumbled over when I let her out of her Kennel.... overwhelming... shes crazy!




and that brings me to Day 4....  right now! What's currently happening... we just had dinner and we are getting ready for the dog park... I figure the walk is what makes all the difference. Tire them out!! Maybe they will all sleep through the night. Tomorrow Chelsea comes back and I think we are all excited to see her.


So would I give up this experience??? Definitely not! I had tons and tons of fun! Although dogs are like children they also brighten up the day!! So I will leave you with a list of things that make me smile....


1. James, Chelsea's Fiance brought up 5 bottles of wine for me... basically I could drink a bottle of wine a day. Quite entertaining as I work for them... and if I chose to drink it all I probably would not make it to work! I should have had a wine party... but I didn't. 


2.  I've never had a bath and a glass of wine at the same time.... very relaxing and will do it more often. Juno trying to eat bath bubbles... priceless


3. Volcano rocks???... Put in the dogs water dishes... it didn't matter how many times I took them away they always showed up! I woke up in the morning cuddling a rock... I would leave for work and it would be sitting outside. The rocks followed me everywhere...Im going to have nightmares about those rocks... and are the hit toy for all three of the dogs.


4. Never leave any sort of dog outside unattended. Must watch them like a hawk. Never want to feel like how I felt when I thought I lost them ever again!!


5. Must get an Apple TV.. while staying at the Bed and Breakfast of C and J... I got to play connect, watch Apple TV and learn there high tech TV system.  Intense system but very cool!


So no I wouldn't give this up for the world. I have three new best friends and Im officially Auntie Jeni.


Well off to the dog park now!!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment