Wednesday 6 April 2011

Day 15

Skype Date!


I Skyped for the very first time! I was happy to see that Amanda (from Day 3) got my letter!! It really didn't take that long to reach England... I thought it would at least be two weeks, but turns out I was wrong!


The best part about the whole thing is that I got an e-mail that she had commented on my post. I was so excited that I got tears in my eyes. So immediately I needed to talk to her. Right away I texted my sister and my mom! So then I finally talk to Amanda through Whatsapp on my blackberry and her i phone. And because I had a day off we decided to have a skype date! I can not believe that we had not skyped before! I got to see a tour of her little flat in London and she got to see my cute little character house that I moved into while she was gone!


It was quite funny because its the first time I had seen her since she left in August. She gave me a tour of her place which is kind of funny when you walk around with a computer. And while she was giving me a tour some little British man came to the door so I got to here a real english accent! So then I did the same thing for her. I walked my computer around the house and gave her a tour of where I lived. It was really cool and we had a conversation for about 45 minutes! We caught up on each others love life's which are basically both non- existent.  I guess there is no cute boys in London. Sucks for me since Im going in July. But when I look at... that just means there is no reason for her to stay there right? Maybe persuade her to move to Calgary and not back to Edmonton.  Hehe wouldn't that be fun!


I got to catch up on her teaching job and about all the interesting slang words she has learned. And then she learned all about my exciting job! We  decided we need to skype more often. Could be more like a weekly activity. Good idea right? What else was funny?? I basically rolled out of bed when I talked to her... so she got to see me in my best form.... I have bangs right now so if I don't do them I look like the girl in "something about Mary"... at least I made Amanda laugh. 


Well now Im off to bed. I will have an exciting blog tomorrow about my new babysitting job I have for the rest of the week. Today was definitely an adventurous day for me and my new family, Zues, Juno, and Oliver. Thats right three dogs people.....


My friend Amanda while we skyped. She probably will be upset that I posted this but what can you do? Look how happy she is to talk to me!?!

2 comments:

  1. haha! We DID have a fun skype date, didn't we!! It will definitely turn into a more regular occurance!! :) Your hair was the best part!

    PS: I am not upset that you posted that picture.. lol. It's quite silly actually! I am just so so excited to be talking to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I promise in the future I will have a shower.... Im sitting at work with my skype on.. we could have a work skype date!

    ReplyDelete