Tuesday 5 April 2011

Day 13

Sorry this post it a little bit late.  As you can tell by my short posts from the last couple of days I have been a little bit busy (with the exception of Saturday when I was perfectly fine doing nothing) 


So what happened yesterday. My drink when through the prelim competition at earls Dalhousie. My drink is a combination of flavoured vodka, basil, mango, honey, and yuzu juice. (Yuzu is a hybrid fruit from Japan made out of tangerine and grapefruit) Im not telling you what kind of vodka or how I made it. I still don't want to ruin the surprise. Cause... my drink made it to the finals!!! I now have only two weeks to work on preparing it (I need to make 5 drinks in 5 minutes using the exact muddling method required) and that is going to take some work. 


So yesterday morning right as my work day was starting we held our in house bartending competition. The  finals was between Joel and I. We had five minutes to set up our stations and then we had five minutes to prepare our drinks. Our drinks were completely different!! Joels drink was espresso, cream, raspberry, and ice cream. Where as my drink was basil, mango, soda. Its tough competing against Joel cause he has some crazy charisma! 


But sure enough my drink came through. So in two weeks on Palms Sunday I get to go and compete in the earls Calgary region Bartending competition. Its going to be an amazing experience. Not only is it a bar competition but its also a culinary competition. Scott my sous chef at work is going to compete as well. They are setting up a free standing kitchen right in the middle of the room and then 7 bartenders will also make there drinks. I think we might make our drinks in the morning as well and then 4 people make there drinks at night. The cool thing is that in the afternoon I also get to go to a seminar with some of the top people from earls Head office! All in all its going to be a good day!!


And get this.... if I win I get to go to Napa Valley. I know I have talked about this before but Napa valley is my most favourite place in the entire world!! I get to spend 4 days with people from all over Canada who work at different earls. What an amazing experience!!! I also get to try some great wines along the way! I bet you cant wait for Palms Sunday now??


As for the eating out goal I set the day before... didn't eat out last night... saved my money and ate in! What did I have hummus and crackers... and some cashews! Yumm... I guess I will have to make a trip to the grocery store!



FINAL DRINK

No comments:

Post a Comment